I hope you all had a great weekend! I head to San Francisco early tomorrow morning for a blog event, and then fly directly to Salt Lake City for a family wedding. It should be a fun, but busy, week ahead!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Updates & Projects
I spent a lot of the week (and weekend) working on posts for the next two weeks so I didn’t get much done around the house. After I get back this weekend, I’m home a few days before flying to Atlanta, so I have a lot to prepare for the coming weeks. Can you believe I already photographed a Thanksgiving tablescape yesterday?! #bloglife
Tuesday night, Kurtis had to drain the pool (we drain about two feet out) because the guys were coming to winterize. And here we are Monday morning and it still hasn’t been done (and the pool is full of leaves). I know some of you were curious about how much we drain out so here’s a quick pic! The pool guys then add anti-freeze in the pipes, cap them and then add the cover to the pool. It’s always a sad day to have it closed and no longer see the blue water when we look out the window!
We’er still working on finding a tenant for our first townhome. I think we’ve officially found the worst time of year to try and get a place rented. Since the unit is close to some of the best schools, that’s much of the reason we have luck getting it rented. But, now that we’re so far into the school year, it’s tough! We did have some minor work we had to do there this weekend (in addition to showings). The kitchen cabinets are melamine and they’re starting to peel.
Kurtis found this melamine glue and we figured it was worth a shot since we’re not quite at the point we’re prepared to replace the cabinet doors. We basically glue a few Saturday and then secured it with painters tape.
Kurtis went back to check them out Sunday and it worked perfectly! It’s a great option if you’re looking for a temporary fix and to (hopefully) stop the peeling! It may be hard to tell from this pic, but all the curling plastic is now flat and it looks so much better from the front of the cabinets!
Around Town & For Fun
Jill and Nick closed on their new house on Friday. So, I spent some time Thursday night and Friday night watching Zoe so they could pack and get ready. She’s obsessed with Moana lately!
Scout was needing all the love too!
The weather last week was insane. Wednesday it 92 degrees, and the next morning was only 38 degrees. Fall has definitely arrived in Omaha! I had some outdoor photo shoots last week, so mixed with a lot of rain, it made for some interesting days!
I mentioned that last weekend I started purging clothes out of my closet. It spilled into last week and I ended up with eight bags of clothes just from my closet and dresser. So bad. Part of the issue was that I was holding on to business outfits, suits, dress pants, etc. “just in case” I went back to corporate America. But, at this point, I hope that never happens, and I figure someone else can use them instead. I made Kurtis go through his clothes as well.
Saturday I made our delivery (we filled an entire cart), which included some kitchen items we also purged with the renovation, and we ended up with 331 pounds. What?!? It felt great to get it all delivered, and know that hopefully others can get some good use out of all of it!
Afterwards I ran to the outlet malls quickly to swing into J. Crew Factory. I wanted to check out this tie sleeve sweater in hopes I could bring it along on my trips this week. I love it even more than I thought I would!
Kurtis and I had a showing at the rental and had Lazlo’s for lunch (shocker).
Late Saturday night we headed to our next door neighbor’s house to watch the Conor McGregor fight. We literally have zero interest in these fights 99% of the time, but it’s almost become a tradition to all watch the Conor McGregor fights together.
It was hilarious once the fight started – their cute little pups Ludie and Brawny started wrestling, trying to get attention.
It was a pretty lazy Sunday around here – or at least for the cats! I actually managed to get a photo with all four of them in it (even if you can barely see one of them). They love the fireplace almost as much as they love squishing my sofa pillows on a daily basis!
Now that the temps have dropped, I’ve basically been living in these slippers! My parents got them for me for Christmas and I forgot just how much I love wearing them! And today they’re under $20 in three colors!
Recent Buys & Sales
Most of the weekend sales carried over to today, likely because of the Columbus Day holiday. So there’s still time to save on all of these great sales that are happening – and some even got better!
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 40% off all sale items in fashion and home! Shop the sale here.
- J CREW is offering 40% off your entire purchase, including sale items, with code BIGSALE. I own these earrings in three colors now and may need more with this sale! Shop the sale here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 40-50% off sitewide, plus an additional 10% off your order with code HOORAY. I bought this tie sleeve sweater over the weekend and it’s even cuter in person – so much so, I bought both colors! Shop the full sale here.
- JOSS & MAIN has their friends and family sale, with an extra 20% off most items with code FORYOU. I’ve wanted a smaller star pendant light for ages and the price on this one is hard to beat with the additional discount! Our mudroom light is also included in the sale! You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off your entire purchase with code FALLFEST, as well as an additional 40% off sale items! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering 20% off your purchase and free shipping for their Friends & Family Sale with code FRIENDS! Not only that, if you’re a cardholder, you get 10% back in rewards! I bought these cute watercolor pumpkin plates for fall and Thanksgiving and love them! I’m obsessed with all the colors these velvet pillow covers are now offered in, as well! Shop the entire sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is having their Friends and Family sale, with 20% off your entire purchase with code HOMELOVE. As you may know, they rarely offer sales site-wide so if there is something you’ve been eyeing, now is the time! Our kitchen runner was a popular item in my Instagram Stories this week and it’s included in the sale! It’s indoor/outdoor (but so soft) which is perfect for a kitchen or other high-traffic area and comes in multiple shapes, sizes and colors. It’s also the first time I’ve seen our kitchen pendant lights go on sale since we got them! Shop the sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off tons of home items. They’re also offering an additional 15% off furniture and rugs with code OCTOBER! They also have 20% off all shoes, including my favorite booties! Shop the sale here.
- WAYFAIR is offering up to 70% off select items in a 4-day flash sale. You can shop the sale here.
- WEST ELM is offering 20% off your entire purchase, including markdowns, plus free shipping with code ONEDAY. Shop the sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is offering 20% off your entire order with code FRIENDS. Shop the sales here.
- WORLD MARKET has their friends and family sale going with 30% off your entire purchase with code FAMFRIENDS30! They’ve even come out with their own Darlana lantern knock-off! Shop the sale here.
Have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used