Good morning! I hope you all had a great weekend! Here’s a bit of what we’ve been up to over the past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Home Projects & Updates
I ordered two of these scalloped mini trays (one blue and one white) and I just can’t get enough of them! They’re perfect for coffee tables or nightstands to corral smaller items!
The pine tree pollen has been aggressive here this past week. Our car basically looks yellow, the pool has a yellow layer on top of it, and all of our outdoor furniture was covered. So, we spent an afternoon cleaning it all up (possibly prematurely). The pollen situation is definitely a whole new experience for us living in the south!
The company that installed our kitchen countertops came out this past week and they said something is definitely not right with our slabs (which we’ve basically known since day one). I haven’t gone into it a ton, but they still had not sealed them because they were wanting to try and let all the moisture dry out of them after the mitered edge process. Long story short, it hasn’t dried and even when we run the dishwasher, a huge wet spot shows up. The owner was very understanding and they want to do a few tests. But it’s very likely we’ll have to have them replaced. Not ideal, but we’re over the maintenance and issues we’re having with them. I’ll keep you posted on how that goes!
SOURCES: Woven Shade (color: Bonaire Flaxen) | Striped Marble Vase | Woven Chandeliers | Faucet | Marble Tray | Swivel Counter Stools | Similar Wood Bowl | Wall & Trim Color: Sherwin Williams Snowbound
Around Town & For Fun
Kurtis’ parents came into town from Iowa Thursday afternoon! Friday we headed down to the beach for lunch and to scope it all out. It’s been windy while they’ve been here, so we didn’t last long on the water. But it’s always fun to get down there for a bit! Hoping we have some better opportunities again this week.
Friday night, I attended such a fun girls’ night event! Studio Gallery 30A hosted a collage art class with Susie Bettenhausen, and it was so dang much fun! Susie had painted tons of watercolor pieces and then we got to select the ones we wanted to use to create our own art.
I know you’ll all be shocked to hear that I immediately gravitated to the blues and greens. We spent a few hours creating our pieces, drinking wine, and sharing a lot of laughs!
It was so fun to see how each of us created art that was so “us”. I’m pretty sure I could have picked out which one each of us made based on the colors and style created. You can see all of my pieces on the right below. They’re actually sideways, but it gives you an idea. I need to buy more of the gallery frames and then I plan to hang them up as a collection. So so fun!
Here are the details on the outfit I wore. The top is 15% off with code E4B1 and the jeans are on sale plus an extra 15% off with code EXTRA. Both fit true to size and the jeans are the ones that are really long even in regular sizes (I’m 5’9″ and still have to wear heels) so order petite if needed. And I’d only order tall if you’re 5’10″+ and still plan to wear heels.
My friend Rachel launched the cutest vacation capsule jewelry collection with Victoria Emerson this week. She created it so that most of the pieces could be worn multiple ways, which is ideal when packing for vacation. For example, the earrings can be worn with the raffia palm leaf or as simple gold hoops. The necklace is perfectly layered, or each strand can be worn individually. Such a cute collection and I love that all of the pieces are named for different locations along 30A!
Sunday was also Rachel’s birthday, so she had a fun dinner at Amigo’s Saturday night. Marissa and I trying to get baby Hudson to smile for a selfie cracks me up! He wasn’t impressed.
Over the weekend, we enjoyed some lunches and dinners with Kurtis’ parents, spent some time in the hot tub, and they taught us how to play Pinochle! We’re still beginners, and there are so many rules to remember, but I think it’s going to be really fun! I’m sure we’ll manage to squeeze in a few more games over the coming week.
Hawkeye and Henley are living their best lives these last few weeks. We usually don’t allow them in our bedroom during the day, but with all the visitors, we’ve left it open and you’d think they won the lottery! I think they also have contests to see who can be the most dramatic sleeper 😉 They’ve also been able to convince Grandma to give them more treats than they’re usually allowed.
We went to a Superbowl party at Rachel and Chris’ house on Sunday (which was also her birthday). I go to talk, eat, and watch commercials 😉 But it was a lot of fun! Chris was very into the Post Malone performance as you can see.
Kurtis’ parents are still here all week, so we’re hoping for a few days with nice weather where we can get out and explore a bit more!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some sales from the weekend that have carried over and are still going strong!
- AFLORAL is offering 20% off orders of $100+ with code THANKYOU. You can shop their site here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals today! You can shop their site here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering up to 70% off sale styles. You can shop their site here.
- ANNIE SELKE is offering 25% off sitewide with code EARLYACCESS. You can shop their site here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up to 70% off sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off new styles with code E4B1. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering 20-40% off jeans, as well as an extra 30% off sale styles. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering $24.50 everyday essentials as well as an extra 15% off your purchase and up to an extra 50% off sale styles with code EXTRA. You can shop their site here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 60% off everything and an extra 50% off clearance items with code WOW50. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering up to 40% off full-price styles and up to 70% off sales styles. You can shop their sale here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- MARK & GRAHAM is offering up to 30% off bags and accessories and free shipping on orders $100+ with code SHIPFREE! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALLS has a number of deals sitewide plus free shipping on orders of $89+ with code SHIP89. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 30% off all regular-priced purchases with code 30ERFEBMIK. You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has a number of new items in their sale section, all marked up to 50% off! You can shop their site here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 30% off select styles (prices as marked). You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is hosting their Presidents’ Day Sale with up to 50% off bedding, furniture, decor and more. You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS USA is offering an additional 20% off everything with code USA. You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 25% off their entire selection of wallpaper. They also have free shipping on clearance items. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET has a number of home deals, including up to 30% off furniture, BOGO 50% off picture frames, 40% off select throw pillows and blankets, plus tons more! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX has a number of deals sitewide and is offering free shipping on orders $89+ with code SHIP89! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a number of new items in their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has a number of new items added to their sale section, as well as free shipping and free returns on everything. You can shop their site here.
- WEST ELM is offering up to 60% off their sale styles. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is offering up to 75% off items in their clearance section. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you join me on any of the below channels: