Good morning! I hope you all had a nice weekend! The weather here was gorgeous and we were finally able to get outside to get some work done. Here’s what else we’ve been up to these past few weeks.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
Last week my friend Mandy came and photographed the Jack & Jill bathroom! I’m hoping to share the full reveal later this week! The shower door in the smaller bathroom encountered further delays, but they should be here to install it tomorrow. Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly, and then I’ll plan to share that reveal next week once I can get Mandy back out to photograph it.
With the bathrooms mostly wrapped up, our next project is our garage! I’ll share a lot more in the coming weeks, but here’s a little of the backstory. Our epoxy floors have not held up well at all (they were here when we moved in). Each year they get worse and worse. They’re also super slippery in the winter. This particular winter we also started to wonder if our garage was even insulated because everything was freezing in there basically the whole month of February. We had an insulation expert come out and they said there’s basically ZERO insulation on the walls that don’t touch our interior of our home. Which leaves a lot of walls and ceiling space not insulated. It’s no wonder things were freezing!
And no matter how many times we clean and “organize” our garage, it still looks terrible. We even purged everything we didn’t need last fall and it still looks like this right now.
So, here’s the short list of what we’re going to tackle over the next month or so.
- We’re having our garage insulated in two weeks! But since the walls are finished, they have to blow it in between every set of studs (about 18″ apart). So, we’ll be left with drywall mud spots all over the upper part of our garage.
- We’ll then have it all painted. It’s a quick job since they won’t have to cover the floors.
- We’re partnering with Hello Garage on our floors to have the existing ones ground out and an epoxy alternative applied.
- We’re then bringing in the organization pros at Hello Garage to help us get most of our crap behind closed doors and making it look less chaotic out here!
All that to say, with everything we’re doing, we have to empty the garage 100%. We have a POD arriving Wednesday to store everything for a month or so. We spent a lot of the weekend working out here to get things off shelves and pool furniture brought outside to make things go more quickly once the POD arrives. It’s going to be a lot of work, but we’re excited to get this space taken care of once and for all! Kurtis is geeking out!
Speaking of Kurtis, he now found out that the earliest he’ll go back to the office is September. We’re also not sure if, at that date, it would be a full-time move back downtown to his office or on a rotating schedule. So, it’s definitely stalled all of my office plans. We’re also thinking we’re going to have to figure out a dedicated office space for him that isn’t in the corner of our bedroom or the guest bedroom, as we anticipate he’ll be working from home more in the future, even if his office building opens back up. We don’t know if that means finishing the bedroom in the basement (currently the cats’ room when we have to lock them up). Or if we take apart a guest bedroom to allow for a dedicated office space. We’re still weighing the pros and cons of each option since neither jump out as a great solution. One thing we know for certain, with how many phone calls he’s on throughout the day, he can’t work in my office with me. And the “temporary” solutions we had used previously are clearly no longer just temporary. I don’t think I ever shared a picture of how the space looks right now with our desks back facing the door instead of the windows. So here you go, even though it isn’t exact picked up or styled perfectly 😉
Top Sellers Of The Week
Since I skipped a weekend recap last week, following are the top sellers of the past two weeks across all of my channels. Links to each item are below the graphic.
Following are the top sellers from this past week.
Around Town & For Fun
We were able to see Kurtis’ parents and sister twice over the past week or so! It was the first time we had seen his parents since last July when we had their anniversary dinner. It was so great to see them again. On Saturday night we played some dominos after dinner and had a lot of fun!
We also had dinner with our goddaughters twice this past week! They’re interacting with each so much right now and it’s basically the cutest thing ever.
With the warmer temps over the weekend, the cats got to outside a few times and were in absolute heaven. It’s so funny to watch them all just close their eyes and sniff in all the possible scents they can.
We hung our patio curtains back up on the back patio so they got to explore back there, as well.
For those of you that like to use the LikeToKnow.It shopping app, they launched a cool new feature last week. If you go to my profile on the app, you can now do searched within just my profile. So if you’re trying to find a source or idea, it may be a quick option! If you don’t already have the app, you can just search LikeToKnow.It in your app store to download it. I have started loaded a lot of original content there that I don’t necessarily share in other places!
Lastly, a re-stock you may be interested in! The full set of our courtyard chairs is in stock again! Our friends have the full set and we actually sat on it last night on their deck and I remembered just how much I love it all. Such a great price for the value (it includes custom covers for the furniture). I’ve been asked multiple times if I know if just the chairs will be brought back this year, and unfortunately I’m not sure. I’m leaning towards thinking they won’t, since Walmart has deleted the listing entirely from their site (rather than just marking it out of stock). Here’s how the chairs looked in our courtyard last summer. I’m thinking I may uncover them a few days this week so we can enjoy the warmer temps!
COURTYARD SOURCES: Swivel/Glide Woven Armchairs (full set here) | Concrete Side Tables | Sunbrella Striped Outdoor Pillows | Lantern Wall Sconces | Shatterproof String Lights | Block Print Napkins | Cane Wrapped Glasses | Oyster Shell Dishes | Faux Stone Wall | Similar Black Planters
We’re looking forward to the next few days of more beautiful weather before it turns cold again later this week! Needless to say, I am ready for spring!
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are the sales from the weekend that are still going strong. You can see my top picks here.
- AMAZON has a number of deals sitewide. Loving these affordable rattan earrings that also have a coupon you can clip as of the time of this post! You can shop their sales here.
- AMERICAN EAGLE is offering 30% off select jeans, joggers, shorts and skirts. You can shop their sale here.
- ANN TAYLOR is offering 40% off select full-priced tops and $40 off full-priced denim with code NEEDNOW. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering up 20% off sitewide. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 50% off a curated selection as well as an additional 60% off sale styles (no code required). You can shop their sale here.
- BLOOMIST is offering $25 off $125+ with code BHM25. You can shop their site here.
- BODEN is offering 15% off full-priced items and free shipping and returns on orders $49+. You can shop their site here.
- GAP is offering up to 50% off women’s and men’s styles, an extra 40% off sale styles with code PERK, and an extra 10% off regular priced styles with code SMILE. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering cardholders an extra 20% off their purchase all month long with code CARDLOVE. You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 40% off everything plus an extra 25% off spring ready styles with code TOOGOOD! You can also get an extra 50% off clearance items with code GOODSALE and cardholders get an extra 20% off their purchase all month long with code CARDPERKS. Could this dress be any cuter?! I love it in all three color/pattern combos. I’m also loving this new Colorblock One-Piece Swimsuit. Following are a few more favorites. You can shop their sale here.
SOURCES: Striped Maxi Dress | Scallop One-Piece Swimsuit | Shell Earrings | Gingham Headband | Navy Matisse Print | Aqua Matisse Print | Packable Straw Hat | Scallop Bikini Top | Scallop Bikini Bottom | Fringe Tunic | Sunglasses | Set of Three Canvas Pouches | Blue Tory Burch Flip Flops | Rainbow Tory Burch Flip Flops
- KIRKLAND’S is offering 20% off your entire regular-priced purchase with code SAVE20. You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 25% off Lou & Grey with code SOGOOD. You can shop their site here.
- LULULEMON has a number of new items in their sale section! You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 20% off sale styles. You can shop their sale here.
- MARK & GRAHAM has savings of up to 70% off in their clearance section! You can shop their site here.
- MARSHALL’s has a number of deals sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- MICHAELS is offering 20% off all regular priced purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU, plus tons of deals sitewide! You can shop their site here.
- NORDSTROM has thousands of new markdowns at up to 60% off and are also offering up to 70% off their designer sale. You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 30% off your order – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK is hosting their Semi-Annual Sale with up to 70% off 1000s of items and free shipping on everything! You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN has a number of items marked up to 50% off in their clearance section. I know many of you were waiting for a buy more save more sale, and I’ve now heard from multiple sources that PB likely won’t be doing any sales in the first quarter, if not longer. Apparently they’ve had a surge in demand and so many furniture orders and have such a backlog, they won’t being doing sales for some time. Just wanted to pass that along if you’ve been waiting! You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering up to 50% off new clearance items! You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS.COM is offering 50-60% off and free shipping and returns! This PB look-for-less rug is also included in the sale! You can shop their site here.
- SERENA & LILY has also added additional products to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- T3 is offering up to $55 off their bestsellers. I swear by their hairdryers and curling wands! You can shop their site here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off furniture, online only! You can shop their site here.
- TJ MAXX is has a number of deals sitewide! I’m loving the profile of this Rope Accent Table, especially from the top! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH has added a bunch new pieces to their sale section. You can shop their site here.
- TUCKERNUCK has added some new sale pieces that are all darling per usual! You can shop their site here.
- VANITY PLANET is offering 50% off sitewide with code VPA50. You can shop their sale here.
- VICTORIA EMERSON is offering 40% off your purchase – no code required. You can shop their sale here.
- WAYFAIR has a number of closeout deals going on today only. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is hosting their Winter Clearance Event with up to 75% off tons of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME is also hosting their Winter Clearance Event with up to 50% off 100s of items sitewide. You can shop their site here.
I hope you all have a great week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used