Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! We’re about to get settled into our “real” routines this week, as Kurtis finally heads back to work tomorrow. I don’t know which is of us is more excited 😉
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I mentioned last week I was working on a little mudroom clean-up and refresh. And here it is – the room I show least on my Instagram or blog! And that’s really only because this room gets so much use. It’s how most people come through our house (our friends and family all know our garage code). Plus we have an extra fridge in our garage with soda, water, etc. so we are going in and out this door all day every day. It feels good to have it cleaned up and styled a bit for spring! I shopped our house for some decor so that made it even better – it was all “free”!
I shared a peek of our new console table last week, and here is an updated view from the other direction looking into our living room. I’m loving all the stripes, both here and in the living room!
I finally made it over to the paint store a morning last week. We decided to hop in the car to go to Starbucks in our pajamas and while we were out, I thought, “I really need some paint samples”. So, I went without my hair brushed and in my pajamas because when I get something in my head, I won’t let it go 😉 I’ll be sharing a lot more details this week on the colors I tested (and where). But if you’ve followed me for any amount of time, you probably know painting walls is one of my most favorite activities ever! I love that it’s easy, cheap and can totally transform a room!
As I mentioned in our 2020 home goals and my Wednesday Watch List last week, I finally found a new bench for the entryway (it’s also available here). Here’s a little shot of the condition of the old one. Super classy! The cats have all but destroyed the piping around the edges over the years, and two of the legs completely fall off if you move it. Another leg is so lose the bench actually sways if you try to sit on it.
The new bench arrived on Friday and it is such an improvement! Since you all already saw the stock photo in my Wednesday Watch List, I thought I’d share a close-up of the fabric and the wood legs. Which also means you get a peek at our filthy floors 😉 But, I’m super impressed with the quality of the bench for the price! It brightens up our entryway, too!
Lastly, I shared this fun fact on Instagram last night. As you saw above, I’ve slowly been adding touches of spring to most of our home. However, our Christmas tree is still up in our den and probably will be for another week or two until Kurtis can help me move it to the basement. So, there’s that 😉
Top Sellers Of The Week
Following are the top sellers across all of my channels for the past week!
Around Town & For Fun
We had a few more snow storms this week and school was cancelled, which also means our confirmation class at church was cancelled. Thankfully the next week or so we’re getting some warmer temperatures so some if it can melt! It’s hard to leave the house in these conditions while Kurtis is on crutches.
The snow may make for some great decor photos indoors (so much bright light), but for Hawkeye, it’s all a bit too bright when the sun comes out 😉
Meanwhile, Bailey still thinks the fireplace is the comfiest seat in the house.
Little Henley is going to be devastated when Kurtis goes back to work. She is loving all the one-on-one time she’s been getting with him, so it will be interesting to see how that goes!
The lease on my car ends in March so we spent several hours last week looking at other options. If you had to ask me what one of my all-time least favorite activities was, looking at cars would easily fall into one of the top spots. Maybe one of these days I can just order them online to avoid the whole process 😉
I’ve found over the last few weeks our “Around Town & Just For Fun” section keeps getting shorter! With Kurtis still on crutches, the crazy cold and snowstorms, working on taxes for our two business and personal, trying to eat healthier, not drinking alcohol this month, and trying to get all my FWTFL workouts in, we’ve become really boring 😉
BUT, Kurtis gets to start weaning himself off the crutches tomorrow and is actually going back to work then, as well! It has actually been great having him home these past six weeks, but I think we’re both ready to get back into our own routines and have separate work spaces!
February will be a fun month for us because we always have his work trip towards the end of the month. We’re headed to Nevis this year (the smaller island of St. Kitts and Nevis in the British West Indies) so I’m already narrowing down my resort wear choices. I’ll be so ready for the warm weather once that trip rolls around!
In addition to that trip, I’m headed to Wilmington, NC the end of next week for a little blogger retreat with my two blogging besties, Kris and Kelley! We haven’t all been together since October of 2018 when we all went to Atlanta to Kelley’s house. Now, we’re headed to Kris’ new house (and the town where Dawson’s Creek was filmed 🙂 ) for a long weekend together. I can’t wait! Last time we all got together, we holed ourselves up in Kelley’s house and talked non-stop. We’re hoping to hop on and do some join stories this time around so let me know if there’s anything you’d love for us to discuss!
With this being the last week of January, and our trips in February, I feel like spring is so close! I’m hoping to actually share my spring home tour by mid-February or so, so you can see some pre-season ideas. Especially since I basically start decorating for summer in April or May because I’m always so excited to do so 🙂
Recent Buys & Sales
Following are some of the sales that have carried over from the weekend. You can see my top picks here.
- ABERCROMBIE is offering buy one, get one 50% off the entire store! Plus get 25% off a $125 purchase with code 14994. You can shop their sale here.
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 40% off all sale items! Prices update at checkout – no code required. You can shop their site here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering free shipping and up to 25% off everything. You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering up to 40% off regular priced styles, and an extra 60% off clearance items. No code required. Plus, if you’re a cardholder, you get an extra 10% off at checkout with code BRCARD. You can shop their sale here.
- GAP is offering up to 40% off everything (prices as marked), plus an extra 60% off markdowns with code PERK. I’m loving this tie-dyed striped sweatshirt! It comes in so many cute options (including solids) and is supposed to be super soft. You can shop their sale here.
- JCPENNEY is offering 40% off a purchase of $40 or more, 60% off $100 or more or an extra 25% off select clearance items with code NICEBUY9. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 30% off wear-now styles and an extra 60% off sale styles with code JANUARY. This eyelet top is so cute for spring (and that pleated collar is too cute)! This drapey scalloped top is also gorgeous and also comes in this cute polka dot option! You can shop their sales here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering up to 60% off everything! Prices as marked – no code required. Plus, get an extra 70% off 4+ clearance items! You can shop their sale here.
- KIRKLANDS is offering 25% off your entire purchase with code COZY! That makes this beaded woven hyacinth basket only $9.56 with the additional discount. This rattan console table looks beautiful and would be a crazy price with the additional discount! You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off most items with code BESTNEWS! You can also get an 60% off select sale price tops today only. You can shop their sale here.
- MADEWELL is offering an additional 30% off sale items with code REALDEAL. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM has added a bunch of new markdowns to their site. How cute are these raffia earrings?! So perfect for spring and summer! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 60% off cozy styles for the family, plus 30% off your order at checkout (no code required). You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering 20% off finishing touches like art, lighting, decor and more with code OKL20DECOR. You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering 20% off your purchase under $1,000 or 25% off your order of $1,000+ and free shipping with code REFRESH. This wood console table is a steal right now and looks a lot like the one I just got at a fraction of the price! I’m also really digging their new faux potted olive trees. They look gorgeous! You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS USA is hosting their winter super sale, with up to 60% off everything! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering hosting a bath sale with items marked up to 30% off. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items, online only. I’m really loving this gorgeous new chair option! You can shop their sale here.
- TJ MAXX has new arrivals and is hosting their winter clearance event. This set of two lamps is a killer deal – we have them in our guest bedroom and paid almost double this for the pair! You can shop their site here.
- TORY BURCH no longer as an additional discount off their sale section, but it looks like many items have been further discounted permanently so there are still some good deals! You can shop their sale here.
- WAYFAIR is hosting a living room sale with items marked up to 65% off. Also, just a heads up, the knock-off dining chairs to the ones we just got have finally been re-stocked and are slightly on sale. I think they’ve been out of stock for almost a year which is why I ultimately ended up getting the other chairs. These are about half the price though and include the cushion! Our entryway cabinet is included in the sale! You can shop their sale here.
- WEST ELM is offering 20% off furniture and 25% off everything else, along with free shipping with code JANUARY. You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 20% off pillows. It includes the pretty pillows I shared in this week’s Wednesday Watch List! As a reminder, their insert is removable so you can add a down insert if you wish! You can shop their sale here.
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used