Beach vacations are typically my most favorite. My husband and I both agree that sun and sand and drinks in our hands (name that song) make for much happier Sarahs and Kurtises. It’s like we were meant to live on the beach. Today I’ve rounded up some of my favorite resort wear picks for this year.
The graphic below is clickable for each item, but I’ve also provided a summary and thoughts on each item below.
- When you’re in the sun all day, a cute cover-up is essential. I bought this striped fringe swim suit cover-up and it was a total splurge for me. But the fit is perfect and I feel like it is pretty flattering for a one size fits all piece. When I stood in the dressing room and realized none of the bathing suits I tried on were going to work, I added this cover-up to my cart instead 😉 This fringed swim suit cover-up is more affordable and a fun alternative.
- This tankini top and bikini bottom combo was the only bathing suit I bought for Costa Rica. I have a few other older tankinis I’ll likely pack as well, but I was a huge fan not only of the pattern on this one, but the fit was great too!
- I’m a complete flip-flop snob and actually judge by how comfy the rubber is on the pairs I wear. I typically buy one “high-end” version each year from Tory Burch like these leaf flip-flops, and then I’m also a big fan of the Old Navy versions. Basic but comfy and perfect for pool decks and sand alike.
- I love a good multi-tasking necklace and I try to only pack lightweight versions when I’m o vacation. This tassel necklace is perfect even when I get back home and is crazy affordable – especially for a piece so substantial! I also ended up buying this corded version as well. I can’t decide which one I love more!
- My numero uno lip hydrator with built in sunscreen is Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment. It is not only super-hydrating with a built-in SPF 15, but it has a really pretty, subtle rose tine. I actually have this entire Sugar kit so I have a wider variety of colors to pick from! These also happen to be the lip treatments I put on every night before bed so my lips don’t dry out overnight.
- I feel like good sunglasses are also a key piece. I’ve had my Ray-Ban aviators for several years now and can’t find other glasses I like better. I’ll likely be taking my blue-mirrored aviator versions along as well as they are a playful, pretty version for the pool area and beach! I’ve linked to the Overstock versions because that’s where I’ve bought both of my pairs and the prices always beat others I’ve found before.
- I have a giant head (I promise I’m not exaggerating – its a fact). So, I have a hard time finding hats that fit (again, I’m not exaggerating). I’ve always had great luck with these Panama hats because they have a true variation in sizing (trust me – one size does NOT fit all on other hats). These hats look polished and protect your scalp while out in the sun all day!
- Funny enough, the number one thing I usually get asked about on beach vacations is my waterproof tough camera. We still say it is some of the best money we ever spent. It’s waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof and fairly lightweight, so it is perfect to take on our excursions. This time around we’re ziplining, ATVing and jet skiing, so I know once again it will get a ton of use. I love that I can wrap it on my wrist and capture moments that usually get lost on vacation because phones and cameras usually can’t take the abuse this guy can!
- I find that with beach vacations in particular, the dirty laundry piles up quickly. That’s why I love to pack Flight 001 bags to keep the dirt (and smell) out from used clothes, bathing suits, etc. This also helps to keep the sand out of your suitcase!
As we’ve gotten older, we’ve learned to load up on sunscreen. We’ve also packed a lot of bug repellent to keep away the mosquitoes (and the Zika virus)!
Shop this post:
I always also pack some new music (I’m obsessed with Justin Beiber lately – WTF) and a few good books to read! What other items do you find necessary to pack along on beach vacations? Are you as big of resort wear fan as I am? I’d love to hear!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
Pinterest | Instagram | Facebook | LTK
disclosure: some affiliate links used
Leave a Reply