I hope you all had a great weekend! This is one of my favorite weeks of the year! We have so much to be thankful for and we’re excited to be flying to Salt Lake City later this week to spend Thanksgiving with my family. It should prove to be a really fun week!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I spent more time last week working on our Christmas decor. I’m so close to being done and I can’t wait to share it all with you! Here’s a little peek at our dining room decor!
Here’s a peek I shared of our living room on Instagram last night. I love the simple yet festive vibe!
The kitchen is still a work in progress but I’m loving the addition of the plaid runner and the wreaths in the window!
Friday afternoon, we spent some time getting the yard in order since the temperatures finally rose about 50 degrees. And here is photographic proof as to why you don’t leave your pumpkins on your porch after two snowstorms. There was actual swelling and water in all those weird crackle marks. They had all gotten so bloated and waterlogged I could barely lift them!
While we were working in the yard, Kurtis also got our neighborhood Christmas lights on our maple tree in the parkway. We’re ready for Christmas around here!
We decided it was also time to get rid of the rug in the courtyard. It had been there permanently over the past two years, and let’s just say it was time for it to go.
It was pretty dirty underneath but cleaner than we thought it would be! We decided to let it all air out before moving the furniture back.
We also finally took down our striped drapes on the back patio. Always a sad day since it makes us feel even more so that winter is here!
I also finally took control of my paint “situation” over the weekend. This is only about 20% of the paint I have. You can find the rest under every sink in every bathroom in our house, the entryway cabinet and more. It was bad. I’ll be sharing my new solution soon once I get it all organized, but let’s just say it is so much better!!
Our plans had been to put the covers on the courtyard furniture once they had dried out, but then we got snow. Thankfully it was pretty dry and Kurtis could just use the leaf blower to “snow blow”. We may have to just bring the covers inside to dry so we can get the covers on. Our weather has been crazy lately!
Around Town & For Fun
As I mentioned, it ended up snowing on Saturday. And when that happens, it usually means we’re lazy inside, hanging on the sofas with the cats and watching TV!
This weekend was no exception. Also, if you haven’t tried Door Dash for food delivery, it’s basically changed our life. Especially when it’s super cold outside!
Our Christmas cards are printed, sealed, stamped and ready to go! Can you believe I couldn’t find a picture of Kurtis and I that wasn’t more than a year and a half old? So, that’s the one we went with! Note to self to make sure we get a quality photo at some point in the next year! This is the style of card we went with and I love it! You can get 15% off your order with code MERRY currently. I’ve used Minted for years because I loaded addresses years ago and now I just have to make minor tweaks to them with moves, etc. and it’s a breeze to get them ordered now!
Sunday we got quite a bit done around the house in preparation for our trip later this week. But, Sunday night we were able to relax with The Americans and more time in front of the fire!
Recent Buys & Sales
I shared this cozy sherpa moto jacket on Instagram yesterday. It’s super soft and warm and the perfect jacket for cold fall days! You can currently get 40% off at checkout on this one!
Following are some of the weekend sales and pre-Black Friday sales that are going on right now:
- AMAZON has started their Black Friday Deal week! You can see and shop the deals here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 20% off up to $499, 25% off $500-$1,999, and 30% off $2,000+! It’s a great time to buy the mirror in our entryway! You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW is offering 40% off your entire purchase with code TOGETHER. Shop the sale here.
- J CREW FACTORY is 40-50% off sitewide with code ADD2CART. Shop the full sale here.
- MCGEE & CO. rarely offers sales, and right now they have started their Black Friday event witht 20% off sitewide with code THANKYOU. One of my favorite purchases ever from them is this wood cookbook holder – it would make such a great gift too! They have a similar more rustic one here. I’m thinking of ordering one of these faux pine & cedar wreaths, too, while they’re on sale. You can shop the sale here.
- MINTED is offering 15% off holiday cards with code MERRY. I already have mine ordered, received, and stamped. Just waiting until the time is a bit more appropriate to send them out 😉 You can shop their sale here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 40% off your entire purchase. Plus, sweaters are 50% off for the whole family! You can shop the sale here.
- PHOTOGRAPHING INTERIORS, the course I highly recommend in this post, is currently 20% off with code BLACKFRIDAY2018! You can shop the course here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering 20% off full-priced orders and free shipping with code HOLIDAY. Shop the entire sale here.
- SERENA & LILY just added 400+ items to their sale, and they all ship for free with code WKNDSALE! I’m still in love with this linen striped pillow and the price is hard to beat for Serena & Lily quality! You can shop the sale here.
- TARGET is offering 30% off bedding and bath, and up to 25% off tons of home items. Shop the sale here.
- WAYFAIR is offering their biggest pre-Black Friday yet, with items up to 80% off. You can shop the sale here.
- WEST ELM has started a buy more, save more sale with 15-30% off your purchase with code SAVEMORE. Shop the sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA HOME has tons of pre-Black Friday sales with random items marked up to 70% off. I’m loving this gorgeous sheet set! You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering 40% off all furniture with code FURNDEAL! Plus, World Market Rewards Members get an extra 20% off their purchase! You can shop the sale here.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and get to spend time with the ones you love!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used