Back in February 2011, you may remember I bought some fabric and temporarily hung it up in the bonus room to serve as curtains until I officially sewed them. Well, a year and a half later, I made some major progress. This past weekend, I added green trim to the edges of each panel and finished the tops. I still need to hem the bottoms so check back in 2014 and they may officially be done. I love the green trim as it helps to tie all of the colors in the room together. The Dwell Studio fabric on the curtain is a little busy but I think the new trim just makes them feel a lot more fun. Which is what I wanted for the bonus room. It is really hard to get decent photos up here but here are some shots of the updated panels.
I was pretty proud of myself for making up a pattern as I went along. I basically used my pillow-making skills and came up with a plan for the curtains. It is nice to no longer have to look at the raw selvage edge from the original fabric! I’m thinking I should have lined them, but it is nice to have made this much progress. It only took a year and a half! One of these days I will try and take a full room shot as well. It is finally starting to come together.
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used