Laundry Room Update: Seeing Stars

Yesterday I shared the progress I made over the weekend in our master bathroom. Well, I also made a huge dent in the laundry room. You may remember I shared my laundry room design board back in August.

Then towards the end of September, I finished painting the room {Behr Swiss Coffee} and got three rows of stars done {from Urban Walls}. In December, I shared the art once I was able to visit IKEA in Utah to buy the frame. Steady now. Don’t finish this project too quickly!

Well, after a LOT of time and agony, I can announce the stars are officially DONE! Actually I probably have eight more so to do around the dryer. And I may decide to do half-stars down the right hand side on the rows that looks like they needs something. But I consider the stars done so that counts too.

I’ve been asked multiple times {by my husband and mother} why this took so long. Well, I wanted the stars spaced further apart than they came on the sheet. So I had to hand level/measure/tape each individual star. My mom said they were stars – couldn’t they just randomly go on the wall? No. And now, I can say I LOVE how it turned out – it’s exactly how I had envisioned it!

The art is hung back up {I may lower it a few inches}, the chandelier is installed {I’ll keep that one a surprise} and I have a sneak peak of the runner I got for the space – the Flat Weave Stripe Blue Wool Runner from Overstock.

The aqua and stripes are perfect in the room. They’re replacing the striped baskets from the Container Store that I originally had in the plans.

Unfortunately this is all I’m going to show you today :) I still have to paint the trim in the room and finish one other big-ish project needs to be wrapped up. Then I’ll be ready for the full reveal. It’s come a LONG ways since I started! And hopefully it won’t take another six more months to share another update!

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>