Happy Presidents’ Day! Hopefully it’s still technically the weekend for many of you! Kurtis and I are both still working but we’re both trying to get things in order before we leave town late next week. Today’s post is a bit lengthy because we had a pretty product weekend but I’ll try to keep it concise! I’ve also included all the Presidents’ Day sales at the end of the post – several of which have gotten even better today!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
I had to meet our contractor at our latest rental house on Thursday. The progress was pretty impressive, so Kurtis and I swung over Saturday morning to check out it. I won’t share too much now as it may make more sense to wait until it’s all done. But were’ hoping it’s wrapped up in about four weeks! As a reminder, here was the living room before.
And here is now after a lot of work and some fresh paint! The whole home honestly feels like a new build at this point even though it was built in the early 80’s. Although let’s be honest – with what we’ve had to do, it basically is a new build 😉 And this paint color is Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray for those of you that were asking on my IG stories. It’s the color we almost always use in our rentals because it really is the perfect greige. It looks gray sometimes, and beige others, so it works with virtually any decorating style. Highly recommended!
I finally got our new console table styled late last week. And I found the table 25% off here right now with code SAVE25! I got the mirror at HomeGoods last week. I’ve tried to stay away because I find I end up buying stuff from there just because it’s a good price – not because I need it. I don’t think I had stopped in for at least four months, but I specifically went in for a mirror and found it helped keep me from getting distracted by other things! The lamp is a gorgeous (and affordable!) find and I think it looks so much more expensive than it is! I featured this maidenhair fern in a wood pot a few weeks back in my Wednesday Watch List as well. And the glass vase and wood bead with concrete heart strand were basically the extent of my Valentine’s Day decor! Although it’s been freezing here, when the sun comes off and reflects off the snow, it’s creating such pretty light in our home!
A few of you had questions about some other master bedroom sources from my master bedroom progress post yesterday. I found the new nightstands also 25% off with code SAVE25. The lamps are ones I’ve had for ages from HomeGoods. I also had questions on the bench and the rug (which is one Jill and Nick gave us after they moved because they didn’t have a spot for it). The rug may or may not stay once I finish decorating everything but it’s perfect now as a placeholder to visualize what I’m looking for! Our bed is about eight years old (it’s a Bernhardt), but this bed is almost identical.
The new pantry light arrived and we got it installed yesterday! So much better than the boob light that was still in here!
And, I finished the paint on the front door! I have a bit more work to do, but I’ll share the new look very soon! I’m loving how it’s coming together! Such an easy and impactful makeover for about $20 in supplies! I ended up going with Benjamin Moore Water’s Edge and it’s the perfect muddy blue-gray-green I was looking for!
Around Town & For Fun
Wednesday nights are when we teach confirmation at church. However this past week, it was a service event in lieu of typical class. We packaged meals for Kids Against Hunger for our third year in a row. It always amazing me that in under an hour, the group of kids and adults package more than 30,000 meals! Here’s Kurtis’ look this year. They add the beard net as a new requirement this year. He loved it 😉
Kurtis had to go to Denver on Valentine’s Day for a quick day trip. The highlight of the day was the sugar cookies my mom had shipped to us. They really are the all-time best!
Saturday after heading to our rental house, we had lunch at Stokes. We usually don’t branch out of a five mile radius to eat, so it was fun to try something we hadn’t been to in a while. We were going to head to Village Pointe to do some shopping for our trip next week as well. However, when we saw the crowds, we quickly abandoned that idea! We didn’t need anything that badly 😉
We woke up to about six more inches of snow yesterday! That’s a pretty solid storm for Omaha. But it sure was pretty!
We always call Henley our best little assistant because she always has to be involved when we’re working on a project. Or at least supervising!
Sunday we had a visit from miss Zoe (and her parents, obviously). Zoe was having a blast exploring some new digs, and I think she thought of our long entryway hallway as her own personal runway. She hadn’t been to our house since summer because we usually go down to their house now for convenience. So, she was also a bit intrigued by the cats (only Hawkeye came out to see her). I loved her little cat top and faux ballet slipper socks!
We ended the weekend binge watching some more Schitts Creek. I looked down at one point, and all four cats were within three feet of me. I think they enjoy these types of nights as much as we do!
Recent Buys & Sales
All the holiday weekend sales are still going strong! But first I wanted to share this recent outfit (also the top I shared in my Wednesday Watch List last week). Such a fun look for spring! And these jeans are ones I can’t get enough of! I’ve talked about this brand before, but the fact the waist is stretchy makes them so comfy! I love this slightly lighter wash for spring.
As a reminder, you can check out all of my recent outfit ideas in one place!
Following are updates to all of the weekend sales for Presidents’ Day. Some have even gotten better for the holiday!
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is offering an additional 40% off sale items for both home and fashion! No code required and prices update at checkout. You can see all of their sale items here.
- ARHAUS is offering up to 60% off sitewide as part of their warehouse sale. Prices as marked. This rattan pendant would be a great look-for-less to our kitchen island lights! You can shop their sale here.
- BALLARD DESIGNS is offering 25% off sitewide, including our entryway mirror! You can shop their sale here.
- BANANA REPUBLIC is offering 40% off almost everything, including tons of their items that aren’t released in stores until 2/26! No code required – prices update at checkout. Get an extra 10% off if you have a Old Navy, Gap or BR card with code BRCARD. And I have no idea why, but I’m obsessing over this citrus shirt (short sleeve version available here)! Shop the sale here.
- BLOOMINGDALES is offering an additional 20% off all clearance and sale items, making your total savings 35-70% off! These Tory Burch Mini Miller sandals would be under $65! You can get the details and shop their sale here.
- EVERYTHING BUT WATER has tons of items marked up to 70% off plus today they’re offering an EXTRA 25% off sale items (prices as marked). Tons of great finds if you’re headed on vacation any time soon or to stock up for summer! And if you’re looking for even more ideas, be sure to check out my resort wear favorites. You can shop the EBW sale here.
- J CREW is offering 40% off your entire purchase with code YESPLEASE, and an extra 50% off sale items. I ended up ordering this bathing suit after hearing so many rave reviews so I’m hoping to take it on our trip next week! You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering 60% off everything plus an extra 50% off clearance with code SAVE MORE! You can shop their sale here.
- JOSS & MAIN is offering an additional 20% off select sales with code STARS. You can shop the sale here.
- KOHL’s is offering an additional 15% off your purchase under $100 or 20% off your $100+ purchase with code COLD. Plus, you get an additional $10 off your $50 home purchase with code HOME10! You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 40% off all full-priced styles with code XOXO as well as an additional 70% off sale prices! Shop their sale here.
- MCGEE & CO is offering a buy more save more sale with 15-25% off your purchase (price updates at checkout depending upon how much you spend)! This means you can get our new entryway console table and nightstands for 25% off – which rarely happens! Shop their entire sale here.
- NORDSTROM started their winter sale with savings up to 40% off! They’ve also marked their Dash & Albert rugs (my favorite) 20% off! I’m thinking of getting this rug for the entryway, because their indoor/outdoor versions are indestructible – and you can hose them off! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering up to 50% off storewide with jeans 50% off for the whole family. Not only that, you can get an extra 35% off your purchase (online only) at checkout! You can shop their sale here.
- ONE KINGS LANE is offering 20% off sitewide – prices as marked – plus an extra 10% off with code OKLPRES19. I love this huge striped ottoman/coffee table. You can shop their sale here.
- OVERSTOCK has over a million deals this weekend! So many great prices and you can shop their sales here.
- PIER 1 is offering $20 off $100, $40 off $200, and $100 of $500+ with code PRESIDENT. Plus they have multiple sales sitewide! I became obsessed with these fern plates after I saw them in a recent mailer. The texture is so good! You can shop their sales here.
- POTTERY BARN is 20% off your purchase and free shipping with code WEEKEND in addition to up to 70% off 100s of Premier Day sales. You can shop their sale here.
- RUGS USA is offering up to 55% off select items with code PRE55! That includes our new office rug – such a CRAZY good price! You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering 20% off all dining (including our kitchen counter stools) with code ENTERTAINING. They also have tons of items in their sale shop currently. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering up to 25% off home items, plus, online only you can get an extra 15% off furniture, rugs, curtains, and patio furniture & rugs with code HOME! You can see all eligible items here.
- WAYFAIR is hosting Presidents’ Day blowout, with tons of items marked up to 75% off (see them all here)! You can shop their sale here.
- WEST ELM is offering 20% off your entire purchase and free shipping with code PREMIER! You can shop their sale here.
- WILLIAMS SONOMA is offering 20% off your puchase and free shipping with code WINTER. I picked up some fun essentials yesterday during the sale, like this olive oil dispenser that we love so much! You can shop their sale here.
- WORLD MARKET is offering an additional 10% off your purchase (or 15% off if you’re a rewards member) plus they have tons of items marked 20-50% off! You can shop their sale here.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used