Good morning from Las Vegas! I hope you all had a great weekend! I’m in town for Market (more on that in a minute) and it’s been fun to escape the frigid cold of the Midwest, even if for only a few days. Following is a glimpse of what we’ve been up to this past week.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Home Projects & Updates
January has proven to be a real January for us. Last week was full of several snow storms and a lot of ice and cold! Kurtis had his national sales meeting all week (here in Omaha) and had a lot of long days. So he asked me to shovel the snow one of the days (it had already been done the night before we but we got another inch overnight). Leaf blower to the rescue! I’m nothing if not resourceful 😉
I spent a few days last week putting some finishing touches on a guest bedroom refresh for spring and I can’t wait to share that with you tomorrow! I’m also hoping to share my mood board for a few other spaces over the coming weeks!
Our rental reno is even further ahead super close to getting ready for paint! I can’t wait to see how much the paint brightens and freshens everything up. Stay tuned!
Around Town & For Fun
The cold makes the cats extra cuddly. I caught Hawkeye cleaning Bailey one day and it was the cutest thing ever.
Friday night, Kurtis’ parents came into town. We went to dinner with them and my sister-in-law and her husband. They hadn’t seen her since she turned 50 the week prior, so they brought a video they made of her life so far. After dinner at Lazlo’s, we headed back to our house to watch it. It was so cute! I love this family picture with devious little Kurtis giggling on his dad’s lap about who knows what! This is just a quick snap off the TV so I’m going to make them send me a copy of the original!
Sunday morning I got up at 4:30 am to head to Las Vegas Market with my friend Monica from Amethyst Home. It’s essentially one of the locations where nearly ever single retailer in the country (and sometimes world) goes to buy inventory for their store. It’s also full of interior designers and others in the industry. Monica and I are in talks to potentially partner on something down the line, and she thought this would be a great way for me to decide if it’s a good fit!
Bottom line – it’s a design lovers paradise. I believe they told me they’d have over 200,000 people there yesterday alone! So much eye candy but it is so overwhelming! There are three large buildings plus three huge tents. We didn’t even put a dent in all of it yesterday but saw so many fun things! Here’s a few of my first day favorites. Clearly I’ve got spring colors on my mind with colorful images I took!
We’re staying at Encore at the Wynn. I always am shocked at how nice the rooms are for the price! We’re paying less here than we would at a basic hotel in Omaha! Here’s a quick little tour of my room.
They’re all suites so it’s super spacious.
I love the navy sectional with white piping!
I thought the houndstooth wallpaper in this little niche was a fun touch!
Monica and I are in Las Vegas until tomorrow night (we don’t get home until after midnight) but I’m excited to explore another two days at market! I just hope my feet can make it that long!
Recent Buys & Sales
I wore this sweater twice last week and really love it. – plus it’s now 50% off and ships for free with code NEWFAVES! If you recall I sized up, but do feel like it starts to stretch as you wear it more, so I probably wouldn’t have needed to. It’s the same sweater I shared in my Wednesday Watch List last week but I also shared this flatlay on Instagram later in the week. You can get all the other sources on this look here.
Following are some weekend sales that are still going strong today!
- J CREW is offering 25% off their favorite pants and sweaters with code WELOVE. You can shop their sale here.
- J CREW FACTORY is offering an 50% off everything. Prices are as marked – no code required! You can shop their sale here.
- LOFT is offering 50% off you entire purchase and free shipping on your order with code NEWFAVES. You can shop their sale here.
- NORDSTROM just released a bunch more sale items, all up to 50% off! This dress that I hear so many others rave about is included in the sale, and the price is pretty hard to beat (it runs small so order up accordingly)! You can shop their sale items here.
- OLD NAVY is offering 30% off your purchase at check out on everything else (no code required). You can shop their sale here.
- POTTERY BARN is offering 20% off one item of your choice with code WEEKEND. You can shop their sale here.
- REJUVENATION is offering 20% off your order plus free shipping with code SAVENOW. You can shop their sale here.
- SERENA & LILY is offering up to 30% off all rugs. You can shop their sale here.
- TARGET is offering 25% off bedding and bath. Shop the sale here.
- WEST ELM is offering 25% off in-stock items with code FREERIDE. You can shop their sale here.
If you would like to follow along on more of my home decor, DIY, lifestyle, travel and other posts, I’d love to have you follow me on any of the following:
disclosure: some affiliate links used