Queen Guest Bedroom Reveal

Update: If you’re looking for the updated reveal of this room, you may be interested in this post!

This project has been at a stand still long enough. We still need a headboard, new light, and will need to paint the doors, but honestly, those projects may be down the road a ways. So, I thought I would share our queen guest bedroom makeover at this point – even thought it is only 90% done…it’s probably “done” for a while.

{I created a mini-reading nook and plan to hang magazines in the baskets for our guests to read. For more on the art, check this DIY project I did last summer}

To see all of the ‘before’ shots check out this post. Here are some side-by-side comparisons from a few different angles. Even I forgot how far we have come – until I saw these before and after shots. And to give some true perspective, the first photo is the room with the prior owner’s furniture – the tween girl bedroom.

And now the before and afters from a few weeks after we moved in until how the room looks today.

Now, don’t all rush to contact me to Photoshop your photos ’cause I know this looks pretty amazing…but here is a shot using two photos – one where the outdoors are blown out and the other where the room is pitch black but you can see the outdoors. It’s obviously a little elementary looking here, but this is how the room looks with the naked eye. It seriously feels like a tree house to me because the view is surround by trees. I love it and I love the additional green it brings into the room.

It’s safe to say I love how this room turned out, and am excited to get a headboard down the road. I am really leaning towards a navy blue fabric with nailhead trim. I’ve seen a few floating around One Kings Lane and Joss & Main so someday that will be my plan!

Sources list and link to original posts:

• Board & Batten: Wood & other supplies from Lowe’s; painted in Behr Swiss Coffee in eggshell finish
  • Wall Paint: Behr Ultra Castle Path in eggshell finish
  • Trim Paint: Behr Swiss Coffee in semi-gloss finish
  • Bench: Limoux Grey Carved Oak Bench from Overstock
  • Pillows: from front to back are: 12×24 Schumacher Celerie Kemble Betwixt in Bear; 22×22 Schumacher Kelmscott Manor; Blue and Cream Stripe Body Pillow Cover and Pillow – Target Room Essentials; 26×26 Schumacher Kelly Wearstler Imperial Trellis. All sewn by me {with the exception of the Target pillow.
  • Sunburst Mirrors: One Kings Lane
  • Roman Shades: Restoration Hardware Baby&Child
  • Chair: Marshall’s
  • Blue Velvet Pillow: Crate & Barrel {old}
  • Garden Stool: Marshall’s
  • Floor Lamp: Threshold from Target
  • Hanging Wire Baskets: HomeGoods
  • Art: DIY project by yours truly
  • Nightstand Lamp: HomeGoods
  • Picture Frame: Pottery Barn {old}
  • Hotel Duvet Bedding: Overstock {old}

Comments

1. says

I absolutely love how it all pulled together so beautifully! I need to do some major work on my guest bedroom. I hate it! I think I just need to pull everything out and start over. And yours gives me some beautiful inspiration! Great job!!

2. says

The whole room looks amazing, but I am so in love with all those pillows!!!! Those just made such a major transformation on the bed. I have plans to make new pillows for my bed, but this has given me a major urge again :)
    Heidi @ handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com

3. says

Sarah, you’ve got killer style! I love the pillows and the bench!
    You did a fabulous job, and I know when it’s completely finished, it will look
    even more fabulous!

4. says

What a terrific transformation!! Who knew architectural detailing would make such a huge difference in your room?! And the mirror and pillows are the finishing touch.
    Just shared this on FB.
    Thanks for linking to Monday Funday!
    Wishing you An Extraordinary Day!

5. says

Hey!! I found your blog from Wow Me Wednesdays Linky Party and I just have to say
    you did a phenomenal job!! I love the white airy feel this room has!!

6. says

What an amazing job you have done! You will be one of the fan favorites tomorrow at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and grab a Sunday Showcase feature button for your blog. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

7. says

Amazing transformation!!! Who wouldn’t want to come be a guest in this beautiful guest room! I’m happy to be your newest follower EVERYWHERE! Would love to have you stop by for a visit! Blessings ~ Judy

8. says

What a fabulous makeover, I hopped over from Savvy Southern Style to check out your pillows as I am currently thinking about colours for as small guest room. I want to create a coastal theme and may even do a painting similar to yours as I am also an artist.

Thank you for sharing such a fabulous makeoever, it has made me want to get stuck in as I have been far too long thinking about it.

Lee :)

9. says

What a gorgeous transformation! Love the color and pattern combination of the pillows, the board and batten, the paint color on the walls…well, I guess I just love all of it! :-)

10. says

11. says

I love it all, it is very peaceful. Love the board and batten accent wall and the window coverings. I just found your blog through Savvy Southern Style and will be following your through bloglovin. I would love for you to stop by my blog sometime.
    Thanks, Patty

12. says

I love it!!! AND thank you for just picking out my paint color for me!! I’ve been wanting to paint my living room but have been stuck on a color. Now I have one. :) You rock!!! XOXO